As we near the end of summertime and approach the magic of fall, don’t put that cover on your swimming pool just yet. You may be surprised to learn that there are many more hours of water fun to be had, even in the fall.
In Greenville and surrounding areas, September weather weather rarely falls below 73 degrees Fahrenheit, with October being moderately warm as well. Keeping this in mind, and knowing the optimal water temperatures for popular activities, there is still plenty of time to enjoy your swimming pool.
The perfect pool temperature will vary depending on the activity:
• Fitness and exercise – The ideal water temperature for water fitness and vigorous exercise is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Athletes need the water at cooler temperatures to avoid overheating and dehydration and to keep their muscles at top performance.
• Leisurely swimming – The ideal water temperature for recreational swimming and wading is around 83 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a universally comfortable level for low to moderate activity.
• Children and babies – The ideal temperature for youngsters is around 85 degrees Fahrenheit, or warmer. Their bodies retain less body heat, so what may be comfortable for some, may be chilly for kids.
• Hydrotherapy – The ideal water temperatures for hydrotherapy range up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Utilizing the pool for therapeutic purposes, heat can help soothe sore muscles.
In the market for a new pool?
Additionally, if you do not yet have your swimming pool, and you’re seeking to get one constructed, the fall is a great opportunity to do so for the following reasons:
• It’s usually easier to obtain permits.
• There are fewer people competing for the contractor’s time.
• Any delays could be worked out well before summertime.
• There will often be closeout sales at the end of summer to take advantage of.
Regardless of whether you’re in the market for a new pool, or you want to squeeze in more swim time, the fall season is the perfect opportunity to explore your options. Since 1971, Carroll Pools has been creating beautiful swimming pools and transforming backyards. Let us assist you with all of your pool needs. Contact us today!